Phased plan to move Wales back to Alert Level 0
The phased plan will see Wales gradually move out of Alert Level 2 and fully back to Alert Level 0 from 28 January 2022.
From 15 January:
- Up to 500 people can be present at outdoor events. This does not include those participating in a team sport event, meaning 500 spectators can be present.
From 21 January:
- There will no longer be any legal limits on the number of people that can meet outdoors
- Covid Pass needed for large outdoor events.
From 28 January:
- Nightclubs will be able to re-open
- Covid Pass needed for large indoor events, nightclubs, cinemas, theatres and concert halls
- Working from home remains important but moves from law to guidance
- In hospitality, no restrictions on meeting people and no requirement for table service or 2 metre physical distancing.
The self-isolation rules for all those who test positive for Covid and the face covering rules for most public indoor places will remain in force after 28 January 2022.